Store: Vons/Safeway (Fowler and Herndon store)
Super Mega Vons Sale Bonanza!!
Vons is having some amazing deals this week. They are pushing Back to School items. However prices are only good through today, 8/9, so you need to get there if you can by the end of the day.
- First of all there are two circular ads with coupons from Vons itself. Grab the ad at the front door and then the other circular ad at Customer Service. Also, you can preview them here online.
- Secondly, there are two additional coupon books you need to grab. One is a Kelloggs booklet located on a Back to School cardboard bus display by the deli meats. Some great ones in here like Buy 2 Fruit Snacks, Get $1.50 any bread, etc.
- The other was at at Muscular Dystrophy display in the front by the produce) with great coupons on Mayo, sugar, etc. **Note: Some of these are Vons store coupons, but many are manufacturer's coupons and can be used anywhere.
** I strongly suggest you grab all 4 circular ads/coupon books and sit in the Sbux cafe and get your list firmed up...with all those deals/coupons, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Get that game plan down.
- Use the coupon for $5 off frozen foods. Spend $15 on frozen foods, get $5 off. There is one of these coupons in each one of the circular ads mentioned above.
- Spend $75 or more in one transaction, get a $10 Catalina at the checkout good on your next purchase.
- Buy 3 Kelloggs fruit snacks on sale (use $1/2 coupon from Red Plum Sunday newspaper insert or if you use Cellfire on your Smartphone, there might be one there), use Kelloggs back to school coupon book and get $1.50 off bread. Also you'll get a Catalina at the checkout for $3 off your next purchase.
- $9.99 Pizza Pockets Family Pack - this is bigger than the smaller boxes that are 5/$10. Better deal and some of the boxes have a $2/1 coupon (it was on the Meatballs and cheese one I got) to use on another box. This will help you get to the $5 off $15 of frozen goods.
- Ocean Spray Sparkling juices coupon $1.50/1. On sale for $2.49, making them $1 a pack!!
- 4 for $10 on various Kelloggs item mix and match. I bought Wheat Thins and Mini Wheats (note that MW boxes still have the Cars2 promo. If you accrue enough points, you can get a $5 gift card for your purchase from Kelloggs.)
- Frito Lay bag of chips for $5.99. Great price and you may find a peelie sticker for $1.50 off any loaf of bread. Use on Vons brand bread on sale for $1.50, making the bread FREE.
- BOGO on Oscar Meyer lunch meat. Also, there was a coupon in Sunday's newspaper ads making this an even better deal.
- $.99 Lunchables. I bought several and will freeze them for school.
- $.49 for 32 oz Gatorade and G2 sports drinks (must by 10 to get deal and there is a limit of 10 per transaction, I believe.). Use coupons in Vons store circular ads
- $1 per bag of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers with Vons coupon (max of 10)
- My shopping trip on Monday generated a catalina for $1 off Nestle drumsticks. I used that today on the box of 16 cones on sale for $9.99. Also, it's a better deal than the 2/$6 going on the boxes of 4.
- Many more in store coupons to name. I saved over $100 yesterday in club card savings and Vons coupons on Monday. In fact, I only used 1 manufacturer's coupon! Went back today to use my catalinas and spent $20 on $60 worth of groceries...and shhh...I'm actually going back again tomorrow.
- Don't forget that you can earn Fuel Rewards and save $.10 a gallon off gas. Drive away feeling good about all the money you saved.
Date: March 4, 2011
Store: Vons/Safeway (Fowler and Herndon store)
Okay...I scored big at Vons this week. I went there sans children (thank you, mom) and a sheaf of coupons that I had clipped and organized. Many I pulled from the weekly circular ad delivered via the US mail. Here's the one that excited me the most...
Valid through 3/8, this coupon will let you save $5 off ANY frozen goods you buy...including coupons, club card savings...as long as you spend $15, you'll get the $5 off. Don't worry if you tossed yours. You'll find a similiar (but smaller) coupon in the weekly ad paper by the front doors...and if there aren't any left, don't be shy about asking at the Customer Service desk.
Once I got in the store, I went to the Customer Service desk and picked up a special coupon book (limited quantity while supplies last that looks like this.
This was a gold mine of savings...offering several manufacturer's and Vons coupons on products I didn't have coupons for....like $1.00 off California Pizza Kitchen, $1.00 of Skinny Cow ice cream products, etc.
|Here's what it looks like inside...|
This is also when I asked and confirmed that Vons WILL accept BOTH their own store coupon AND a manufacturer's coupon on the same item. This opened up a door to even GREATER savings, as I started digging through my coupon book for coupons to match for deals. I got my $15 worth of freezer products and then some...
I had some other coupons (bread, cheez-its, lunchables, etc.) that I had clipped from the circular (also available at the front of both entrances) and I was excited to see that for the most part, the items were on super sale with the club card and then an ADDITIONAL savings with the coupon.
- For example, I paid, $.99 for some real quality bread with all the savings, coupons, etc.that tallied up.
- Also, their signature soups regularly $4.99 were on sale for $3.99; with coupon, only $2.99!
- That Challenge Butter (Tuscan flavor) that I have been enjoying using is on sale for $1.99 and right in front of it is a coupon for $1.00 off, making it $.99. I bought two and I am putting them in my freezer. If you still have the $2 off coupon, you'll get it for free.
- Blueberries are on super sale for $1 (Club Savings). The produce manager recommend stocking up and freezing them to enjoy for several months. Unpackage and rinse and dry completely. Lay out on a cookie sheet and freeze and then put in ziplocs and use as desired.
Buy 2 packs at $5.99 and get two free, making it 4 packs for about $3 each. Additionally, you'll get 2 bags of Vons Signature chips (I tried the Nacho Cheese and they were mmmmm) for FREE, regularly $2.79 (I believe.) This is an AWESOME deal if you are going to have a party in the next few weeks/month.
And this one..
Raisin bran on sale (with coupon for $1.98). Plus, once you open it open, there are all these coupons inside.
Also, there was a good Vons coupon (plus club card savings) making either Oscar Meyer Lunchables or Lunch Meats $1.99 (limit 5). However, when I checked out the Lunchables, I saw these:
These are the "adult version" of Lunchables, and therefore (sadly) they are higher quality cheeses and meats and crackers. They had a 50% orange sticker on them. Regular price $2.99, on sale for $2.49, making them $1.24. So I grabbed these instead.
And, even though I've mentioned on the FB site, you'd be crazy not to stock up on the fruit snacks with the deal they have going (or buy and donate to your local food pantry. The deal is that they are on super sale for $.99 a box (already a good deal.) The better deal is that the more you buy, the greater catalina coupon that is generated good for your next purchase at Vons on anything:
- Buy 3 Fruit Snacks and get a $1.00 catalina at checkout
- Buy 4 Fruit Snacks and get a $2.00 catalina at checkout
- Buy 5 Fruit Snacks and get a $3.00 catalina at checkout
When I checked out, I used a catalina coupon from General Mills that received earlier in the week when I bought some Betty Crocker fruit snacks for $2.00 off my next purchase. Once I checked out and applied all my coupons, Club card, etc, I received all of these catalina coupons from the register.
More coupons for Challenge Tuscan butter, CPK pizza and Hot Pockets (I bought all 3 today). But the big ones were the $$ off coupons. And the purchase of fruit snacks today, which was in essence free, generated another $2 catalina off my next purchase, plus 3, $1.25 my next purchase from CPK for the three pizzas I purchased.
And yes, I can use all 4 catalinas for my next purchase for a total of $5.75 off...hmmm...what should I go back and buy?
So, overall, I watched my total go from $258 down to under $150...saving more than 50% on my bill. I would HIGHLY recommend taking a few minutes to get the circulars and the special coupon book and sitting down at Vons to make a list/strategy. You won't be sorry.
Club card savings: $99.49
Coupon savings: $29.10